Pregnancy is a crucial time in any woman’s life (and of course, their family, partners and children). Many changes happen in pregnancy, including a weakening of the immune system.
• If you are pregnant you are a priority for COVID-19 vaccination and should be routinely
offered Pfizer or Moderna at any stage of pregnancy.
• If you are trying to become pregnant, you do not need to delay vaccination or avoid
becoming pregnant after vaccination.
• Real-world evidence has shown that Pfizer and Moderna are safe if you are pregnant
• AstraZeneca can be considered if you are pregnant, breastfeeding or planning
pregnancy, if you cannot access Pfizer or Moderna, and if the benefits of vaccination
outweigh the risks for you.
• If you are pregnant, you have a higher risk of severe illness from COVID-19.
• Your baby may also have a higher risk of being born prematurely.
• COVID-19 vaccination may provide indirect protection to babies by transferring
antibodies through the placenta (during pregnancy) or through breastmilk (during
For more information, see here