If you test positive for COVID 19, you may be eligible for antiviral treatment if you are:
- 70* years and older
- 50 years or older with 2 additional risk factors
- Aboriginal or Torres Strait islander, 30 years or older and with 2 additional risk factors
- *where treatment is commenced within 5 days of symptoms, or as soon as possible if you have no symptoms but test positive
Risk factors for these groups include:
- living with a disability with multiple conditions and /or frailty
- condition like stroke or dementia, multiple sclerosis
- chronic respiratory conditions – emphysema, DOPD, moderate or severe asthma
- obesity or diabetes requiring medication
- heart failure, coronary artery disease, cardiomyopathies
- kidney failure or cirrhosis of the liver living remotely with reduced access to higher level health care
People aged 18 and over who test positive for COVID 19 who are moderately to severely immunocompromised may be eligible for antiviral medication.
Please call to book a telephone or video consult with our team if you have any questions or concerns by going online at www.cygnetfamilypractice.com or phoning on 62951460.